We are very pleased that the project is progressing and construction has now started on site. Health and safety is our priority. As well as strictly following the Scottish Government Coronavirus guidance, we make sure that all workers adhere to industry standard health and safety measures at all times.
Some works will be more visible than others and we will do all we can to minimise any disruption to nearby communities. We will keep the public up-to-date on progress during the construction phase using written updates to local communities, by placing information on this website and meeting with local stakeholders where possible.
We are currently preparing the site to ensure that it can accommodate the construction works that will take place over the coming months. An anticipated timeline of activity is as follows:
• October – December 2020 – Site preparation – including tree felling
• October 2020 – March 2021 – Internal access track construction
• January – April 2021 – Public road upgrades on minor Glentaggart Road
• December 2020 – July 2021 – Turbine and infrastructure foundations
• August – September 2021 – Turbine delivery
• September – December 2021 – Wind turbine erection
• First half of 2022 – Commissioning and completion of Kennoxhead Wind Farm Phase 1
We appreciate that at some stages of the construction process nearby communities may notice an impact locally, such as an increase in traffic for site deliveries. However, should you experience any unexpected impacts or have concerns about the construction process, please contact Tom Parkyn on 07482 723023.